Laxative dependance
I have had anal fissure for abt 2 years ....stools are getting hard...n I've been taking laxatives for 1 year....now I have developed laxative dependence and having difficulty in regular bowel movements..and because of this stools get even harder n fissure is getting worse..any suggestions to solve this problem ? And laxative dependence can be reversed or cured? If yes then how long does it take ?

Dr. Sanjay Erande
General Physician 12 yrs exp Pune

You have to improve your digestion first so take ayurvedic treatment along with panchakarma. Panchakarma -basti will decrease your intestinal dryness. You have to change your diet and lifestyle,take desi ghee, warm water for drinking,proper sleep ..etc will decrease your laxative dependance