Late periods

Hi, I have been always regular periods,this is 43rd day,last mnth I got on 39th day.v r plang for child.no pregnancy symptoms.no period symptoms.y soo late.i have taken two pregnancy test it is negative.pls suggest me.is thr any pblm...last mnth I consultd dctr for 39 days periods she said no pblm..it happens sometimes..now it's 43rd day..so much worryng.suggst meee

Doctor Answers (1) on Late periods

Harisha N L
3 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hi there...it may occur in women who have anemia i.e low haemoglobin levels,diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...it may be due to poly cystic ovarian disease as well... So I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.