Late period

My period date is due on 15th may 2016 but it didn't occur yet. I had a make out session witth my partner but with clothes on. My period has yet not come. What is the possibility of late period.

Harisha N L

Get a home pregnancy test done... Your menstrual cycle is under hormonal control. The ovary usually releases one egg (ovulation) each month, and about two weeks after, the uterine lining sheds, resulting in menstruation. If the egg is fertilized, it is implanted into the uterus and menstruation does not occur. However, if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle..Consult gynecologist they will do the needful.