Lack of motivation

Im not interested in doing anything. Whatever I think I should do, be it studying, exercising, going out, I just cant do it. Even if I force myself, I give up on doing it. I just like to sleep all the time. I get frustated as Im not able to focus on anything. I don't what I should be doing in my life. I feel tired and headaches often. I dont like my job. Dont even know if Im in the right field. Like to spend my time alone mostly. I feel trapped in my current life. I feel hopeless and broken as Im constantly trying to figure out whats wrong and trying to find solution but cant do anything about it and Im always worried about what I'll do in my life. I dont know if Im depressed or not.

Doctor Answers (3) on Lack of motivation

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
Yes you are suffering from depression. And so are thousands of other people in the world. And most of them get over it or get cured. So dont lose hope. Take antidepressants advised by a psychiatrist. You will get well.
Hello, I can see that you’re feeling overwhelmed and caught in the midst of confusion and worries. You seem to find it difficult to carry on with daily tasks in your routine. These are common concerns for young adults, trying to negotiate work life with multiple tasks of being an adult. Do consult a counselling psychologist who will be able to alleviate your feelings and help you work through these challenges. The counsellor will also direct you toward a Clinical psychologist (for assessment) or a psychiatrist (for medication) if they feel that is necessary. Wishing you the best.
Mr. B. Elayaraja Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Hi,
I can empathize your feelings of sadness.
As per your report, it seems to have clinical depression.
Pls check whether you have these features for past 2 weeks to 2 months.
If it is so, then it may be depression.
Try to consult an Counseling psychologist or figure what causes you this problem...
Work out more on your leisure activities by 30 % , it will makes you some betterment. Talk to your trust full friends...