Lack of concerntration

Hey doc ! Its been last six month ; i'm facing some psychic lack of concentration , loosing my confidence and it's affecting my decision power n studies ! Whenever i wanna try to focus on my studies ; i can't ! Cause at the time i got distracted by some other thoughts. This is it ! Help me out !
views-icons 122 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Lack of concerntration

Dr. Anjendra R Targe Pune | Psychiatrist
Dear 18,

You are in the phase of your life, which is associated with a lot of emotional upheavals which are due to one's search for his identity, the urge for freedom, venturing into new professional vocations and relationships. So, at times, it's easy to get confused and lost in this maze of events.

Firstly, I recommend you to go for an aptitude test, if you already haven't. Many times the reason for our frustrations during this stage of life are due to the academic confusion we go through. Think hard and choose a field for your studies that best suits your strenghts and personality. Involve your parents, siblings and friends in this process.

Secondly, if there are relationship or any other issues, sort them out very practically, thinking of the bigger picture, which is aways what you want to achieve in life.

Having said all of that, since you have mentioned that you have been experiencing the symptoms since the last 6 months, you should not ignore them even for one more day. Indecisiveness, lack of ability to concentrate and focus, could be signs of Depression. Depression is noy something which just goes away. It needs professional attention.

So I strongly recommend you to consult with a good Psychiatrist at the earliest, who can figure out the reason for your symptoms. Once that happens, he/she will devise a management plan that suits you best, and in no time you will be on the path of clarity.

Good Luck!