L4-L5 Disk Degenerative
Hello My Problem is, L4-L5 disk degenerative and as per neurologist suggestion, am taking some kind of Tabs and after he investigated MRI, he recommended 60-70% surgery is mandatory to clear the ill ness. I hear lot of answers about the surgery, and it's a failure d ration is 99% and do not go for surgery .. Was it true message?, I heard using laproscopic system, without extra cutting the skin, it causes easily recover in 2 days. I need best opinion, on this and now on this state, it is very painful and cannot handle any kind of activities on the affected leg. Please answer to my query is " in this case really surgery is mandatory or any curable medicines are available?'

Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hello...... Your pain. Is severe so have to undergone surgery ,no other option... See this surgery depends on surgeon and physiotherapy after surgery. If there's 99% failure in this surgery then govt would have banned this surgery. That's not depends, some patients don't do necessary exercises after surgery so result may not be so good... Laparoscopic surgery is only done for abdominal cases. Minimal invasive microdissection will be done in this case. Consult good experienced neurosurgeon and get it done. Because I have seen many successful surgeries with good hand.