Knot is it serious
I have just noticed that there is a knot right under my jaw, which is not painful at all. I have sore throat for a while which has been cured. The knot is deep under the skin cannot be seen but can be felt when we put pressure around it. Is it something serious or to worry about?

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 12 yrs exp Delhi

Yes ofcourse. Submandibular lymph nodes, most like reactive of infectious origin. Proper treatment is required.consult privately so that we can ask you more details about the same.
Dr. Ameet Thakkar
General Physician 28 yrs exp Mumbai

The swelling under your jaw appears to be a submandibular lymph node. Consult a physician / surgeon to confirm the diagnosis and take appropriate medication. You need to take a course of antibiotic and anti inflammatory medications.

Knot on inside of knee