Knee replacement

Age- 55 female diabetic n BP. looking to get knee replacement surgery...... I would like to know the complications for this surgery as I have seen many people suffering with pain even after Surgery. N also what should be taken care after surgery n which is the best hospital to get the surgery. THANKS

Doctor Answers (1) on Knee replacement

Dr. Ravi Nayak Mumbai | Orthopedist
Knee replacement surgery, when done by a well trained knee replacement/orthopaedic surgeon, is one of the most successful surgeries in medical history and is known to last from 15-20 years. It is done to relieve pain, correct deformity, provide stability and improve overall lifestyle. Diabetes has to be well controlled before performing a knee replacement. Complications are very minimal (< 1%) and are usually the same as for any other surgery . They may be associated with anaesthesia, clotting in legs (DVT), superficial or deep infection and postoperative stiffness. These complications are minimised by following strict protocols and operating in good theatres. Complications which may occur due to faulty surgical technique such as instability or loosening can be easily avoided by following proper surgical technique. For further info , you can refer to