Knee pain from 5 days

Actualy from 4-5 days there is pain in my knee its not regular pain as occur when i move my knee at joint when i stand it problem to make my leg staight after straight  i keep my knee or sit there is no problem basic i hv pain in body part called patella in 1 leg occur only when  joint move what should i do

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedic Surgeon 12 yrs exp Chennai

Thanks for asking me to respond. Pain arousing from the patella is usually die to chondromalacia patella. It implies that there is softening of the cartilage behind your knee cap. It's often a precursor to developing arthritis of the knee. I would suggest that you do exercises to strengthen your quadriceps and hamstring muscles. You can learn them by a visit to the local physiotherapist. Strengthening of the muscles will help unload the joint and help reduce the stress on the patella. This will eventually lead to reduction in pain. In case pain is severe then you can take the following medicines: 1. Tab Nucoxia 90 mg one tab a day after food for 3 weeks 2. Tab Pan 40 mg one tab a day before food for 3 weeks 3. Tab Gabantin 100 mg one tab two times a day after food Wearing a knee cap over the knee can also help in reducing pain. I would also suggest that you get an xray of the knee - AP, lateral and skyline views done. If possible mail them to bdbaruah@orthodoc.in or visit a local ortho surgeon. This will help rule out any other issues related to the bones and confirm the diagnosis. Good luck.