Knee ligament problem

I am a dancer . and hot an injury in left leg in knee .. I have a grade 2 sprain of medial collateral ligament .. Its the opinion in mri report .. I have a tear in meniscus .i think .. I m adding a picture of opinion of mri .. Help me and suggest me what i can do now .
views-icons 117 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Knee ligament problem

Dr. Ravi Nayak Mumbai | Joint Replacement Surgeon
From your MRI report, the significant problems in decreasing order of severity are:
1. ACL complete tear
2. Lateral meniscus tear & subluxation
3. Medial meniscus tear
4. MCL Strain

Treatment depends on the extent of problems you have in your daily activities,eg. :
1. Instability while walking, dancing ("give away" of knee)
2. Pain while bending knee, eg. climbing up/down stairs
3. Locking episodes

Upto six weeks after injury, you can undergo physiotherapy to determine whether these injuries can be compensated by other muscles. After 6 weeks, a thorough examination reveals extent of instability, effect on bending and swelling/laxity.

Further treatment depends on the extent of your problem, and the kind of lifestyle (active/sedentary) that you wish to follow in future.