Knee ligament problem

I am a dancer . and hot an injury in left leg in knee .. I have a grade 2 sprain of medial collateral ligament .. Its the opinion in mri report .. I have a tear in meniscus .i think .. I m adding a picture of opinion of mri .. Help me and suggest me what i can do now .
views-icons 132 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Ravi Nayak
Joint Replacement Surgeon 11 yrs exp Mumbai
From your MRI report, the significant problems in decreasing order of severity are: 1. ACL complete tear 2. Lateral meniscus tear & subluxation 3. Medial meniscus tear 4. MCL Strain Treatment depends on the extent of problems you have in your daily activities,eg. : 1. Instability while walking, dancing ("give away" of knee) 2. Pain while bending knee, eg. climbing up/down stairs 3. Locking episodes Upto six weeks after injury, you can undergo physiotherapy to determine whether these injuries can be compensated by other muscles. After 6 weeks, a thorough examination reveals extent of instability, effect on bending and swelling/laxity. Further treatment depends on the extent of your problem, and the kind of lifestyle (active/sedentary) that you wish to follow in future.