Knee injury

I had a ACL operation before 6 years. It was successful but there were instability. Now it looks like some laxity and I am not able to do any sport activity. There might be posterolateral corner injury. My question is if it is posterolateral injury why my leg is not damaged after so much walking and staring after 6 yrs

Dr. Raviraj Francis
Physiotherapist 7 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello there...The cruciate ligament control the back and forth motion of your knee. The anterior cruciate ligament runs diagonally in the middle of the knee. It prevents the tibia from sliding out in front of the femur, as well as provides rotational stability to the knee...if you had injury of ACL did the orthopedic surgeon fix it Arthroscopically..or was it conservatively managed..also there is a strict ACL rehab protocol which any qualified Physio should make the post ACL injury patient to do...did you undergo Physio treatment.. patient with ACL injury and treated arthroscopically make near complete recovery in 3 to 5 months...also regarding the term Postero Lateral Injury...who told you the term PL injury... also ACL or PCL have nothing to do with the health and nutrition of leg they provide the antero posterior and rotational stability to the knee.