Knee and back pain

Knee pain while climbing stairs and while normal walking.Taken out x-ray doctors said the problem is osteoarthritis for which he need to take one injection per year . I want to take him to kolkata for further treatment.My father recent diagnose caught high sugar 240 as per doctors report. Plz suggest treatment.
views-icons 31 Views Bookmark this Answer

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Venkat Raghav
General Physician Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

There's no known cure for osteoarthritis, but treatments can help reduce pain and maintain joint movement.pain killers ,NSAID,helps in reducing joint pain . Doctor would have suggested you to take corticosteroid injection but for patient with elevate blood sugar steroids should not be given . I cannot explain complete treatment in here . you must consult orthopedic doctor with blood sugar reports.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?