Kidney stones

In December last year , my ultrasound was done for the whole abdominal because I had severe pain that time. There were two stones that were detected , one was stuck in the ureter and the other one was in the right kidney with size 5mm . Now a week ago again the ultrasound was done , and the stone which was there in the was not visible in the ultrasound clearly but it is still there in the body and the stone which is there in the kidney has increased in size to 9mm . So what in your opinion is best to do with this problem ? Thankyou.

Doctor Answers (1) on Kidney stones

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...you should get it removed ..for smaller stones doctor do lithotripsy where sound waves are directed to kidney ,it breaks stone into smaller pieces so that it flush out in urine ....if its not possible doctor remove it surgically ... You shouldn't ignore this ... Consult urologist soon.