Kelloid problem
I am suffering from kelloid is it curable????? It is actually spreading surrounding my chest region..
80 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Navya G
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi there.. Keloid is abnormal overgrowth of scar tissue .. more common in some sites such as the central chest (due to sternotomy), the back and shoulders (from acne), and the ear lobes (from ear piercings). They can also occur on body piercings. The most common spots are earlobes, arms, pelvic region, and over the collar bone.. treatment includes surgical excision of Keloid..but chances of recurrence is very high so prevention measures also to be taken after surgery to prevent it from recurring.. other treatment options include pressure therapy, silicone gel sheeting, intra-lesional triamcinolone acetonide (steroid) injection, cryosurgery, radiation, laser therapy.. hope this helped you..
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.