Jock itch /rigworm
Earlier i have red rash on inner thighs which then made ringworm type structure.I applied Miconazole after medicos advice for fungal infection.After applying miconazole cream and antifungle shampoo for some time,problem was reduced. But now i see light brownish skin color on the problem area.Why this is not fully cured even after applying antifungal treatment. Is it possible to cure this type of skin problem completely? And if yes,then how?

Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Dermatologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Was this medico a dermatologist? Many fungal infections also require oral medicines without which they don't really get treated properly. And maybe that's why you haven't had a proper result. Oral tablets require a prescription. So I suggest that you visit a dermatologist near you . I'm sure you will benefit.
Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to rampant usage of antifungals. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are coprescribed many a times to treat. If needed a simple skin test can also be done. Till then use only OTC anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes. Hope it helps you. Dr MK Agarwala