Jock itch at groin area

I have been suffering with jock itch since 1 and half year .i have used triben b lotion as suggested by a doctor whom i consulted.after applying that it dissapears fpor a while and appears again .please recommend me a solution to get rid of this.

Doctor Answers (1) on Jock itch at groin area

Hi. Greetings. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE triben b and OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.