cardiologist-icon
Jerks in chest
This is regarding my suffering since last 4 months from palpitations and transient jerks for about 1 to 2 seconds in my chest which occurs every now & then but theres no fixed time when this jerk happens. Feel very awkward when this jerk occurs. I feel as if my heart has stopped for those seconds. I exercise regularly. But I dont feel any pain in my chest. My ECG, 2D ECHO, HOLTER ECG, BP, FBS, Thyroid profile and all reports are normal. But I still suffer from those jerks and palpitations. Now I'm really afraid about why is this happening and I want to know the following:- 1. If these jerks are signs and symptoms of possibility of cardiac arrest or any other serious cardiac diseases? 2. What is causing these transient jerks and palpitations in my chest? 3. Can any pain in around right side of chest be associated with any cardiac problem OR is it only left chest pain that can be associated with a cardiac problem?

Hello,1. Occasional jerks ,palpitation may not be symptoms of cardiac arrest if all reports are normal. 2.anxity ,thyroid problem , alcohol ,fear, lack of sleep can cause transient palpitation. 3. Usally pain present in central and left part of chest but there is no hard and fast rule . Do yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits.Consult cardiologist.

Myoclonic jerks causes