Jerks in chest

This is regarding my suffering since last 4 months from palpitations and transient jerks for about 1 to 2 seconds in my chest which occurs every now & then but theres no fixed time when this jerk happens. Feel very awkward when this jerk occurs. I feel as if my heart has stopped for those seconds. I exercise regularly. But I dont feel any pain in my chest. My ECG, 2D ECHO, HOLTER ECG, BP, FBS, Thyroid profile and all reports are normal. But I still suffer from those jerks and palpitations. Now I'm really afraid about why is this happening and I want to know the following:- 1. If these jerks are signs and symptoms of possibility of cardiac arrest or any other serious cardiac diseases? 2. What is causing these transient jerks and palpitations in my chest? 3. Can any pain in around right side of chest be associated with any cardiac problem OR is it only left chest pain that can be associated with a cardiac problem?

Doctor Answers (1) on Jerks in chest

Sir let me assure u that the heart is structurally normal as echo is normal. As u exercise regularly without symptoms the chances of significant blockages r very low. Please see neurologist to rule out muscle spasms. Also palpitations r mostly result of your anxiety. Lastly unfortunately any pain about umbilicus and below Chin can have cardiac origin. Hope this Will help u. Dr Ashwin Daware Interventional cardiologist Narayana hrudayalaya Whitefield bangalore.