Itching Skin Rashes

Hi, I'm having rashes all over my body. It's been two days and the itching is severe. I have taken a day's dose of levosiz m and zempred 4. Still not much relief. The itching is severe during night. I'm attaching the picture as well. Kindly advise. Rgds, Swapna

Doctor Answers (1) on Itching Skin Rashes

​​Thanks for the query. ​​Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria is the medical terminology and needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. Based on​​ your description, it appears that you have acute urticaria. Your dermatologis​​t will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a non sedative antihistamine and some other medications based on blood chemistry. A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period,its advisable to wean the treatment. Hope it helps.