Itching problem
Hi , from 1 and half months, I am suffering from itching problem around the pubic area. I tried dermatologist but no any positive response I got. At night there is more itching. Please guide me or give me the medicines, I have attached some pics. Do I have to try itch guard lotion ? Is it really serious?
109 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Vijay Adhe
Dermatologist 11 yrs exp Pune
Hi You have a fungal infection which usually affects skin folds due to hot and moist environment there. You have not mentioned what treatment you received in past. What medicines were prescribed ?Whether you completed the course as given to you properly ? Whether you had used any steroid based creams before treatment from Dermatologist. All these factors will affect the outcome of your treatment. Sometimes you need prolonged course of medicines or Medicines need to be changed. Itch guard alone won't solve your problem. Please visit a Dermatologist before it spreads to other areas as it is contagious. Do not try any medicines on your own, as they may contain steroids and you will suffer side effects. It is not a serious infection as it affects only surface layer of your skin. Meanwhile keep those areas completely dry off sweat and change undergarments twice daily. Hope this helps. Regards Dr Vijay Adhe, Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic, Pune.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.