Itching in testicles

I have itching in testicles since last 6 months ,very uncomfortable to sleep at night or do any physical activity like running,jogging which was easier for me earlier , do I need to go to a dermatologist???

Doctor Answers (2) on Itching in testicles

Dr. Sandeep Gupta Delhi | Dermatologist
yes for sure consult a derm
Dr. Rajesh Verma Chennai | Sexologist
Testicular itch is incorrect as the testicles are inside the scrotal sac and they don’t itch. What is commonly affected by an itchy rash is the skin of the scrotal sac and the groin. If it is an itchy, irritable rash in the groin area that mostly affects men. It is typically associated with sweating and tight clothing. Your lifestyle habits can also make a difference. Try these tips to stop the itching. Wash your groin daily, and dry the area thoroughly: This is probably the most important step you can take to keep your groin healthy. Instead of scratching the affected area (and causing a superimposed infection), it is important to see a Doctor/Dermatologist to get the correct diagnosis and the appropriate treatment.