Itching and rashes

Severe itching and swollen rashes on hands, stomach and legs. Sometimes it disappears and when i am on my bed or at office due to a/c the itching and rashes comes again. Please give me some solution.

Doctor Answers (1) on Itching and rashes

​​Thanks for the query. ​​Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria is the medical terminology and needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. Based on​​ your description, it appears that you have intermittent variable of chronic urticaria. These conditions have a strong​ r​elation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of int​​ernal health. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a non sedative antihistamine and some other medications based on blood chemistry. A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period,its advisable to wean the treatment. Now a days modern treatment options also exists which requires once a month treatment. Hope it helps.