Is orlistat safe

I m taking orlistat frm last 20 days to reduce my weight nd following a diet chart nd regular walk ...i want to know is orlistat is safe drug ...are there any sideeffects of d drug

Ms. Bipasha Das
Dietitian/Nutritionist 9 yrs exp Delhi

Hi I understand your concern. Let me tell you that orlistat is a drug used for weight loss in a way, that it helps to get rid of the dietary fat directly without absorption in your body, but when you have a plan to lose weight, might as well do it a natural way by having a low fat diet, instead of having fat n getting rid of it through medicine. For a healthy life ahead, n do it a natural way to get a permanent results, consult a dietician personally to get a customized diet plan for your body type n lifestyle.
Ms. Durga Kumari
Dietitian/Nutritionist 2 yrs exp Hyderabad

Hi, Don't take any drugs to reduce weight. Consume fresh vegetables, fruits, salads,sprouts,etc. Go for exercise, walking, swimming, cycling,etc. For diet chart and counselling ,consult me. Thanks