Is avastin nesscary?
My mom isdiabitic from 22 Years. doctor told us that my mom should get an avastin injection done. He told some fat being deposited on retina & the eye is becoming dry. currently she dont have any vision problem&vision is clear.I've attached the OCT scanning photos report dat dey gave us. He prescribed Atrolip 10mg tab.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello 1. There is definitely some swelling of central part of retina known as fovea 2. looking at OCT it appears to be central edema....In central edema,treatment depends on quantity of fluid accumulated at fovea. 3. If fluid accumulated is less and patient is not complaining about vision then we can manage medically by a.controlling blood sugar b. Nevanac eyedrop thrice daily c. Control lipid profile and blood pressure 4. If fluid accumulated is more then avastin is very good option. Having said that your treating physician is managing your mother well and he is best judge in given circumstances
Dr. Ram Nath
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 32 yrs exp Delhi
If in doubt show to the other retinal specialist. Usually avastin or steroids intravitreal injection may be required .
Dr. Vishal S. Kakhandki
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Belgaum
Mild swelling in the central retina due to diabetic retinopathy is noted in Oct. .....2 approaches 1.control sugars put Nepalact drops and evaluate after 1-2 mth. .It may resolve.2.can give avastin (off label drug with special consent form) to reduce the swelling.