Irrigular monthly period

I am having monthly period every after four or five months. Is it normal? can I be pregnant with this problem and is there any way to have normal period? Thank you

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

Have u gained weight. Periods need to be compared to ur own previous periods. If u r married n need children then treatment would be indicated. Otherwise accept it as ur body type. Because even if u take any medicines ur periods will get regular till u r on treatment n would return back after stopping treatment
Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, having periods once in 4 or 5months in not normal there could be several reason for that, PCOS, hypothyroidism, reproductive tract infections, fibroids, anemia, stress,Hormonal imbalance etc... You need to visit doctor and need to get examined to find the causes and to get treated, which increases the chances of pregnancy.