Irregular periods

It has been 2 yrs that I have got married. The first irregularity happened in March 2014 after which there has been a huge time lag between my menstrual cycle. However for June and July 2015 I had proper cycle after which again there has been a gap. Also we have been trying to get in a family way. However have been unsuccessful. I am 5.1 inch and weight is 96 kg and my husband is 5.11 inch and 174 kg and we both are working. Please advise what should we do.

Doctor Answers (1) on Irregular periods

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. I would like to know, how late do you get your periods. Tell the approximate time intervals between your cycles. You need to get a few tests done like ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis, thyroid profile. You need to lose weight also your husband. Consult a gynaecologist in person so that she can examine you and go with the reports so that she can have a better idea. Also get a semen analysis of your husband done. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.