Irregular periods

I want to know why my period is not regular from some month..I never experienced before this I got my period on march then 28 may nd now again I didn't get...nd march one was also in not in tym..it come after 10-15 days of my time

Doctor Answers (3) on Irregular periods

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
it may occur in women who have anemia i.e low haemoglobin levels,diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...it may be due to poly cystic ovarian disease as well... So I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.
Dr. Vishwas Madhav Thakur Gurgaon | General Physician
Hello
I agree with Dr Venkat's advice that you should consult a Gynecologist. It is good for you for at least one thorough consultation with known Gynaecologist nearby.
I suggest that you get these tests done and go with reports at the time of consultation.
CBC, FSH, LH, Thyroid Fun Tests, S Iron Level, Vit D Level.
Ultrasound lower abdomen.
Just anaemia can cause this problem hence CBC which includes Hb is adviced to you.
Regards
Dr Vishwas
Gurgaon
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...... polycystic ovarian syndrome is the most common cause for irregular periods in these days. It's due to hormonal imbalance between LG and FSH. It's long term problem..... You consult gynaecologist and get an ultrasound done... Consult doctor in nearest hospital ..............