Doctor Answers (3) on Irregular periods
Thank you for your query regarding irregular menstrual cycles.
To determine the cause of menstrual irregularity, it is essential to systematic rule out specific etiology to ensure accurate diagnosis.
You would need
- Detailed history taking and full clinical examination.
-Urinary pregnancy test.
- serum TSH.
- Serum Prolactin.
- Serum Testosterone / FSH/LH.
- Transabdominal ultrasound.
After these investigations a diagnosis shall be made.
Common causes for menstrual irregularity include.
- Polycystic ovarian disease.
- Thyroid disorders
- Hypothalamopituiary axis abnormalities.