Irregular periods

Hi, my periods usually lasts for 5 days but this time it ended on 3rd day with very light flow. is it normal?

Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, Menstrual cycles can vary normally. If you experience repeated cycles of delayed periods, then it can be a cause of concern, which will require diagnosis of possible conditions like thyroid and PCOS. For now, there is nothing to worry about. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre, a leading IVF clinic in Delhi, for further evaluation if required.
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. Sometimes the menstrual bleeding can vary a little even in normal circumstances. But if the cycles start becoming irregular again, then you will have to be investigated for various causes like thyroid disorders, pcod, anaemia. Relax for now. Consult a gynecologist if the cycles become irregular.