Irregular period

Dr I always had my period on time... But this month it already exceeds 17 days... Sometimes I feel that period pain and then it feels like that the periods are about to.start but nothing will.happens... I also discuss this with my mother,she is saying don't worry it may be because of weakness.. Please guide me.

Doctor Answers (2) on Irregular period

hi i see that you are 25 years and this month alone periodes have extended for 17 days with and without pain. well all hormonal and physiolgical causes are normally anovulatory and painless.the questione pain that you are saying bothers me. so need to rule out pregnancy related complcatioes or pelvic infection. failing that would have to rule out cyst and other pathology.
Dr. Urvashi Yavalkar Pune | Gynecologist
First of all ...if married / sexually active, need to rule out pregnancy.
If not....need to check out for the cause,
it could also happen due to stress...physical or mental; sudden change in weight...both loosing or putting on ; sudden dietary alterations etc...
It may also happen due to change in hormone balance, which only a gynaecologist can figure out for you.
It is advisable to see a doctor to get medication to start your period and alongside figure what went wrong.