Intense hairfall
From the past two weeks, I'm suffering from hairfall. This started when I went for swimming in my apartment for 2 straight days. I had put on swimming cap and have taken bath immediately after swimming but my hair got frizzy and dry after that. I have stopped swimming now but my hair has become very weak and whenever i put even a mild pressure atleast 3-4 hair gets plucked from the roots. I have tried applying eggs and curd on my hair but nothing worked. I'm still facing the hairfall. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. One month of hair fall usually relates to an acute cause or sometimes the beginning of a chronic cause. Did you have an illness in preceding few months like a typhoid, malaria or did you undergo a surgery? Are there any acute stressors, any unusual problems? If there are so, you may be having a condition called telogen effluvium, and usually settles in few months time even without any treatment. You should have a healthy diet and good sleep.
Further authentic information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss