Intense hairfall

From the past two weeks, I'm suffering from hairfall. This started when I went for swimming in my apartment for 2 straight days. I had put on swimming cap and have taken bath immediately after swimming but my hair got frizzy and dry after that. I have stopped swimming now but my hair has become very weak and whenever i put even a mild pressure atleast 3-4 hair gets plucked from the roots. I have tried applying eggs and curd on my hair but nothing worked. I'm still facing the hairfall. Thanks in advance.
views-icons 34 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Intense hairfall

Thanks for the query. One month of hair fall usually relates to an acute cause or sometimes the beginning of a chronic cause. Did you have an illness in preceding few months like a typhoid, malaria or did you undergo a surgery? Are there any acute stressors, any unusual problems? If there are so, you may be having a condition called telogen effluvium, and usually settles in few months time even without any treatment. You should have a healthy diet and good sleep.
Further authentic information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss