diabetes-icon
Insulin dependent son
My son has been insulin dependent since the age of 8. It's heart-breaking to see him taking insulin shots every day. This had affected him psychologically because he feels like he's different and unable to take part in kids' activties. Is there a less painful alternative to injections?

Dr. Manjunath Malige
Endocrinologist 16 yrs exp Bangalore
As a parent myself i can understand your feelings towards your son. The only treatment available as of now for Type I diabetes is insulin. It may be helpful to get professional advice from a child Psychologist. You may also want to find if there are any kids in your neighbourhood/School who are on insulin so that they can interact with each other informally to share their experience.