Injection is harmful

I have vitamin b12 is very low docter gave b12 injections it it will be harmful or not please tell me please tell me injection effect bad to the body or good to the body

Doctor Answers (2) on Injection is harmful

Dr. B. M. Lava Bangalore | General Physician
Sir, Try Vit B 12 tablets. Get back to me with details.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Vitamin B12 helps your body use fat and carbohydrates for energy and make new protein. It is also important for normal blood , cells, and nerves. Most people get enough vitamin B12 in their diet, but a deficiency may occur in certain health conditions (e.g., poor nutrition , stomach /intestinal problems, infection, cancer ). Serious vitamin B12 deficiency may result in anemia , stomach problems , and nerve damage ...Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects...so nothing much to worry.