B12 Deficiency - Shots

I have b12 and vitamin D deficiency , my doc suggested to take b12 ( ME-12 ) injection shots. is it safe to take the b12 shots or i can take capsule

Doctor Answers (2) on B12 Deficiency - Shots

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Here are a few things that you can consider. The vitamin D3 and vitamin b12 can be got naturally by exposing 20percent of your body to sun for atleast 20 minutes a day before 12 and eating foods which are high in vitamin b12 respectively. Whatever medicines you might be taking and in whatever form, you need to continue the ways of naturally getting it. Inj. Uprise D3 Once a week for 2 months and tab. Supracal pro once daily after food for vitamin D3. Capsule. Becosules-plus once a day for 2 months after food. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there......, The treatment for vitamin B12 deficiency depends on what is causing the condition. Most cases can be easily treated with injections or tablets to replace the vitamin you are deficient.... You can prevent vitamin B12 deficiency by eating enough meat, poultry, seafood, dairy products, and eggs.....If you are an vegetarian then consider vitamin B12 shots once in a week or capsules on daily basis... Consult Physician.....