Ingrown nail issue

I have an in grown nail problem doctor suggested me to undergo a minor operation,then removed my thumb nail on both the legs in Jan 16 now after six months period gap again the newly grown nails are pricking into my thumb nail edges. White puss has formed in my thumb fingers.I have consulted a GH doctor, he asked me to cut only the corners on the nail for every 7days.and asked me to soak my toes in warm water every day.I did this for more than a month now still the puss is forming and Newly some pops up have formed and some water like substance is coming out of it on my finger sides and its contagious to my fellow fingers. Is there any permanent solution for my Ingrown nails please help me.
views-icons 32 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Ingrown nail issue

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. Ingrown tail is a very chronic disease. To prevent recurrences, it is important to remove the nail matrix along with the nail. But chances of recurrences are there. From your description it looks like you could be suffering from paronychia also. You will need oral antibiotics to control the infection. So kindly consult a dermatologist or general surgeon for further evaluation and treatment.