Ingrowing toenail
I've had an in growing toenail before and have gotten it fixed too. I've started noticing the same thing is happening again. Can I do something to ensure it doesn't go to that state again? It's is the third finger on the photo that is developing this problem.

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 5 yrs exp Hyderabad

There is no preventive measure.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Dear, Unfortunately there ks no preventive measures that you can take for ingrown toenails. The best that you can do is avoid dirt entering into the nail and keeping it dry.
Dr. Anil B Sheth
General Physician 37 yrs exp Ahmedabad
While cutting yr toe nails make sure u do no go to deep in the corners of nail to prevent recurance. also make a point to cut nails after shower withing 5mints or so.it may help u.