Infection on scalp by dye
Whenever I apply hair dye I get severe infection on scalp & I have to take heavy antibiotics n anti allergic. I apply loreal ammonia free dye despite that I get infection. Kindly provide me solution
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
Greetings! its mostly not an infection - rather an irritant or allergic reaction to hair dye. Being ammonia free doesnt really make the dye safe or allergen free. Most dyes have a substance called PPD which is the implicated agent. Avoid regular dyes, there are some dyes - prescribed by the dermatologist which are PPD free and may be safe in your case. Kindly see a qualified dermatologist near you. YOu could send in your further queries to me on follow up messaging. Warm regards.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.