Infection on penis skin

I m suffering from infections in groin area  doctor prescribed me t bac 2% ointment. Can I apply it  on penis also . Actually the penis skin gone black and shrink near the foreskin and also become tight and not coming backward easily.

Doctor Answers (2) on Infection on penis skin

Thank you for your question.
There are two aspects to your problem. The first is regarding groin infection. T bact may not resolve the infection if it is not bacterial. Sometimes bacterial and fungal infections coexist and need treating with oral medication. You will need to pay attention to perineal hygiene, wash with tepid or lukewarm water, avoid scrubbing, use a mild soap and dry completely before applying your medication. Your underwear should be loose fitting and of cotton. Ideally you should discard the underwear you used when the infection was present because any amount of washing does not remove it from the clothing and will reinfect the site.
Regarding a tight foreskin, this needs surgical attention. you will continue to have infections and difficulty masturbating or with intercourse until this is treated. A general surgeon or urologist can help you.
hope this helps
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
hey, apply it only to groin and I think your problem with is normal anyhow it's better to consult surgeon