Infection on Penis
Dear Doctor, For the past 1 week or so am having some kind of infection on my penis. It's kind of a spot coming up. Please suggest what shall be done or if any medicine can be recommended. It is quite itchy and sometimes slightly painful while wearing undergarments. Regards
43 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Chethan R S
General Physician Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

Hi...., looks like you have developed Balanitis... Balanitis is an inflammation of the head of the penis.... Inflammation will occur if the sensitive skin under the foreskin is not washed regularly, allowing sweat, debris, dead skin and bacteria to collect under the foreskin and cause irritation ... Treatment depends on the underlying cause.... infection requires the relevant antibiotic or antifungal drug. Oral antibiotics can be required for severe cases... steroid creams of mild to moderate strength are used in short-term courses for non infectious causes....
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?