animal-health-icon
Indian reptiles
Hello doctor. I need to know about Indian cobra. Which one is more fatal? A small one or a fully grown one? I have heard that most of the bites from Indian cobra are non fatal because most of the times it would be dry bites. Is it true? How long will it take to kill a person? Will the bite be painful or painless? If bitten, will a person die painfully or painlessly? Please answer my question. Thank you.
136 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

See Indian cobra are the most dangerous snakes because itz toxin affects heart plus brain and effects are seen within 15 mins to 2 hrs of bite and mostly fatal if anti venom not given in time. Itz true that sum bites are dry bites but itz difficult to guess as signs are seen very early so itz better to get anti venom injected without wasting time. Nd death is painful coz the toxin causes muscle paralysis and respiratory failure is there. Regards, Dr. Prachi Kshatriya
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.