Increasing of eye power

Hello sir Since 2014, I have been suffering from myopia. My spectacle power of that time was .75 and 1.0 but now I have power of 2.50 and 2.00. I am afraid of my this problem. So please advice me what to do. Thankyou

Doctor Answers (2) on Increasing of eye power

Dr. Susheel Deshmukh Mumbai | General Physician
Number should stabilize in a year or two.. Can try contact lenses til then
Dr. Hetalkumar Yagnik Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
You shouldn't worry much as power keeps on increasing upto 18-19 years of age.rarely it increases even after that too.but it is normal phenomenon. It's not abnormal.
you should get your eyes checked every 4 to 6 months. if power increases just change the glasses.after the age of 18 or 19 if it doesn't increase for atleast 1 year then you can go for any suitable refractive surgery if you wish to.or else continue with glasses.
you should test your eyes yourself for whether power has increased or not by closing one eye and look for fixed distant object every month.if you are not able to see that object which you were able to earlier then get your eyes checked. otherwise every 6 monthly check up should be compulsory.