Increasing Diabetes

Hello, My mom is suffering diabetes for last 25yrs recently I take a report of PP & FASTING. Both reports are 620 approx. So please give me guidance. How to control.

Dr. Vinodh Natarajan
Critical Care Medicine 2 yrs exp Thanjavur
Hello,  Diabetes is the most common problem in the soceity at present. It poses great health problem to us. You can go through ADA 2015 recommendation through Google search.  It is very important to control the blood sugar value within 180 at all times.  And periodic check  eye for fundus examination, renal function test and peripheral sensory examination.  It may lead to silent MI also when associated with other comorbid condition. Treatment lies with regular exercises like walking, strict diet maintainence and oral hypoglycemic drugs. Your levels are too high and it might lead to diabetic keto acidosis. So, discuss with a physician asap... Put all the good efforts to control it within the normal levels(70-180) whether PP or fasting...