Increased eye power
Hello doctor...i am 22 yrs old.i had an eye check up before 1yr & had a power of -1.75 in my right eye & -1.50 in my left eye. And for the past 6 months I developed disturbance in my vision(not able to read properly from distance). Today i went for a check up & found that my power has increased to -2.50 in my right eye & -2.25 in my left eye. My doubt here is i was checked without any instillation of dilating drops....is it ok to get it checked without the drops & will they give the right finding...?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello at this age you dont need cycloplegic refraction you can use glasses as prescribed
Dr. Arun Rajan
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 7 yrs exp Thiruvananthapuram

Its OK, At your age, it is not necessary to use dilating drops during refraction. Just follow ur doctors advice.