Inconsistent sugar levels
I have been suffering from diabetes since past 5 years and take heavy doses medicines and i nsulins thrice a day. I need to lower down the amount of intake of medicines and insulin. please help me with different ways I can deal with it.

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...diabetes is chronic disease which is present lifelong. You cannot stop the medications. Else the disease can exacerbate and lead to various life threatening complications. To reduce the medications, the disease will have to undercontrol for few months at least. This will require blood tests like fasting blood sugar, post prandial blood sugar and HbA1C. Do these tests and consult a general physician or diabetician specialist at any hospital. They will decide on whether to reduce to medications.