Imbalance in walking
My father has the problem of maintaining his balance while walking,standing and unable to talk properly and even facing problem in swallowing food and liquid. 3 years ago he was diagnosed with cerebellar atrophy in the MRI brain since then we have consulted a lot of neurologist and had their medications but there is no improvement in his condition I want to know if there is any treatment or cure for this condition please help me

Hello There. I can understand your concern. its a 3 year previous report and it says cerebral atrophy. but cerebral atrophy is a continuous process and keeps happening. once tissue is lost, nothing can be done about it. treatment options just try to delay the atrophy. i would suggest you get another scan done to see how far it has gone. then consult a neurophysician in person for further evaluation and management. Dr.Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Sir, Can you please tell me the age of the patient? Cerebellar atrophy is a continuous process and doesnt have very effective treatment options. Nevertheless if you can provide me some more details about the patient, I will be able to guide you in some way
Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 2 yrs exp Hyderabad
Atrophy means that tissue is getting degenerated. We cant replace lost tissue. All we can do is symptomatic care. If swallowing problem is very severe we have to keep a ryles tube for feeding.