Iga nephropathy
I have been detected with iga nephropathy in may , stage 3 , creatinine was 1.9 increased till 3.9 and on taking steroids medication is down to 1.9 again . I am taking renal diet and controlled salt intake of less than 5 gm . What is the way ahead for me . The steroid medicine was tapered and now at the end of this month will stop . Apart from steroid prednisolone I am also taking telmisartan and metaprolol for blood pressure. Uric acid is increased at 8 . Rest minerals are all under limits of prescription . What is the future of this disease in me and how can I improve the situation . ?

Dr. Pankaj Kumar
General Physician 10 yrs exp Delhi

you are on right treatment for IgA nephropathy, it will take time to recover but complete recovery is doubtful.. Creatinine is now getting better so donot lose hope... continue all medication without deviating... All d best...