I'mlimpingwhilewalking

My leg twisted while playing Throwball. The doctor suspected muscle sprain. However it's been 3weeks and we got mri done which shows ACL partial thickness tear. The doctor advised 15 days rest. However when gone for 2nd opinion,doc says a surgery is needed. Please advise.
views-icons 78 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Sharath Kumar
Rheumatologist 15 yrs exp Delhi

hi your pain is more likely to be due to the extensive injury that is mentioned in the first line of the report rather than due to the small partial thickness tear of the anterior cruciate ligament. in addition to this you seem to have haemarthrosis or  blood in your joint which can by itself cause inflammation and persistent pain and swelling. you need to take a course of anti inflammatory medication which should help  bring down the pain and swelling. based on the first part of your report it looks like the injury is quite extensive and probably may take  longer to heal than just 2 weeks. I would