Leg twisted

Last Friday my leg twisted. My leg is paining and also have swelling. Kindly suggest treatment or any good doctor.

Doctor Answers (2) on Leg twisted

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. I hope you are not in pain. The twist in the ankle could have lead to some fracture or a ligament injury, it needs to be checked out by a orthopedician. Don't massage the affected area. Apply a ice pack on it and take a pain killer as of now and consult a orthopedician in person. Don't do any movements and keep it immobilised. A xray of the affected area will be required to determine what has happened exactly. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Dear, Twisted leg can cause fracture or ligament injury. It will be better if you undergo a X Ray to rule out either. Swelling indicates a definite injury. You will need to give absolute rest to the leg. Tying a splint or plaster will be the best option for that. However, a definite decision can be taken only after a X Ray.