Leg twisted

Last Friday my leg twisted. My leg is paining and also have swelling. Kindly suggest treatment or any good doctor.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. I hope you are not in pain. The twist in the ankle could have lead to some fracture or a ligament injury, it needs to be checked out by a orthopedician. Don't massage the affected area. Apply a ice pack on it and take a pain killer as of now and consult a orthopedician in person. Don't do any movements and keep it immobilised. A xray of the affected area will be required to determine what has happened exactly. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Dear, Twisted leg can cause fracture or ligament injury. It will be better if you undergo a X Ray to rule out either. Swelling indicates a definite injury. You will need to give absolute rest to the leg. Tying a splint or plaster will be the best option for that. However, a definite decision can be taken only after a X Ray.