I got a scratch by a dog.
I got a minor bite from a domestic dog from outside of my trouser, is the vaccination is required or is it ok. I had washed it with antiseptic soap

Hello there. I can understand your concern. For rabies to infect you, the dog should be having rabies and then there should be some wound which penetrates so that the virus can be transmitted. I would say take care of the wound and take the course of rabies vaccination to be on a safer side and also it will protect you from future such events also. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 12 yrs exp Delhi

it is first degree wound. no need of vaccine.
Dr. Gyaneshwar
General Physician 42 yrs exp Ghaziabad

As the Rabies caused by dogbite by a rabid dog is fatal and it is difficult to establish that the rabies virus has entered the body or not. Moreover there is no harm in taking anti rabies vaccines which will protect from future exposure also. It is recommended to take the vaccine as per doctor's advice.
Dr. Asha Annamalai
Family Physician 2 yrs exp Chennai
If there's a scratch or it has penetrated your skin,you need medical intervention.If not you're fine.