I dont know what it is

My brother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 6 years ago. Recently, he got diagnosed with gouts. The problem is not his health condition. The problem is his behaviour. He is always disobedient whatever we advise him about. If we try to tell him not to so something, he will specifically do the particular thing. He acts clingy and won't let anyone be at peace. Elders can't scold him as he starts acting mad or starts crying and creating a scene. He is always negative towards life and he keeps talking about dad whom my mom was separated from years back. He has had two failed marriages because of his short temper and impatience with people. He has had short lived friends and most of them are rowdy men. I am having a problem understanding my brother's behaviour. I really think he has a problem and I am not able to understand what it is. All I want is to cure him. P.S: He drinks a lot of alcohol inspite of saying not to. It makes me sad.
views-icons 50 Views 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on I dont know what it is

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Better to take him to a psychiatrist he might be suffering from depression. Also, you just being sad won't be of any help to him, so you have to stop him from alcoholism. Better to talk to the psychiatrist regarding this also. Don't delay any further because his condition will most likely worsen only and he will become habituated. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dear Sir He needs Psychiatrist evaluation
Dr. Anirudh Agrawal Delhi | General Physician
He is probably depressed or has some other psychiatric illness. These are usually treatable. Please see a psychiatrist.